Thursday, May 14, 2009

The realization of an apology.

I swallow dead air becoming aware of the awkward silence that engulfs me.
Trying to stay afloat above the storming sea of my social agony I shrink.
A silent cry into a vast vacuum boils up under pressure.
Looking up as the waves of devastation wash over me, I sink.
Overwhelmed by the tantalizing feeling that all should differ, if only.......


.........If only I would have drowned my thoughts,
tamed the blazing destruction coming forth from my mouth.


Self inflicted pain relieves the desire of justification.
Realization surfaces from the inner abyss.
A vast defiance breaks as utterance flows from within.
In a display of delicacy I mutter,

"Please forgive me."


Silver lining shines through the darkness that surrounds me.
Hope breaks through as I await the dawn of forgiveness.

I wait.....

No comments:

Post a Comment