Wednesday, July 8, 2009

One down many to go.

I am trying to hold it in. Clash my jaws together and try not to show any emotion. I can't hold it any longer. I can hardly compose myself. It has reached the threshold. The corners of my mouth are starting to twitch. my body tightens as a last resort to control myself. It is hopeless. What starts out as a smile soon is an all out laughter. Before to long I have tears steaming down my face. I now see everything a little blurry which only makes it more funny.

He squeals, he throws himself on the ground, he pulls on my shirt,he yells that he doesn't want to. I am watching Judah throwing every trick of the book at me trying to avoid his nap. The terrible twos have finally caught up to my so well behaved four year old son. And what do I do? I react like my mom did to me when I was young. I laugh. There is just no way possible for me to be stern at him when I am laughing so hard. This parenting thing is hard in a funny sort of way sometimes.

I pick him up, walk to the bedroom and lay him down in the bed. I turn around to leave the room and I hear him say: "I just want a short nap!" This was his last stand. His attempt for some control in the situation. Yet in the end it is I who wins this battle.

1 comment: